Sometimes, I can rely on exercise and stretching to help relieve some of this stress, but the deep down tension, sometimes that only remedy for that is a massage. I would love to have the time (and the money) to go for a therapeutic massage at the spa on a regular basis, but there just isn't time (or money) for that. So, sometimes, you have to find other ways.
Recently, I had the chance to try the Wahl Deep-Tissue Percussion Therapeutic Massager through MamaBzz. Wahl makes a whole series of massagers, including Deep-Tissue, Flex Therapy and Heat Therapy. They are currently running a Facebook promotion, where you can nominate a mom to win a mom relief package:
• Through its first-ever Mom Relief Initiative, Wahl is providing the tools to help moms achieve the kind of sought-after relief that causes spas to book out Mother’s Day weekend months in advance, and why the spa is among the top gifts for mom every year.
• Wahl therapeutic massagers are serious pain management tools that offer powerful motors variable intensity control and interchangeable heads, allowing you to customize your massage experience.
Health Benefits of Massage
• Massage is not only an effective method of pain management, but it also contributes greatly to overall well-being.
• Massage can increase blood flow, which effectively reduces pain tension, relieves muscle tension and soothes inflammation.
• In addition to providing effective pain relief, massage can also greatly improve circulation, regulate blood pressure, reduce anxiety, and provide an immense feeling of relaxation, all of which contribute greatly to physical and emotional well-being.
For more on the health benefits of massage and the full line of therapeutic massagers, make sure to visit wahlmassagers.com. This new online resource is the first of its kind and provides consumers with information on chronic pain management methods tailored to fit their specific needs.
One thing that I thought was really nice is that the directions provide information on massage techniques for everything from your shoulders and neck to your legs to your scalp.
Previously having owned one of those massagers that were designed to attach to the back of your chair, I must say that I really liked that with this Wahl Deep-Tissue Massager I was able to target a specific section of my back to work out the tension in a particular area. I also liked that it was useable to massage my legs and arms as well. I like that the design of the massager allows you to address your own tension, but you could still use the massager on someone else (which might be more relaxing).
Although the directions provide techniques for massaging the face and scalp, I found the percussive nature of the massager to be too intense for me to use on either of those areas, even on the lowest setting.
Would you like to win a "relief package" from Wahl? As I mentioned, they are currently running a giveaway on their Facebook page, here are the details:
• Beginning April 26 and running through May 13, those who like Wahl Home fan page on Facebook can nominate a mom to win a mom relief package from Wahl, whether it’s your mom, grandmother, wife, daughter, a friend or yourself.
• To enter the Mom Relief Initiative, simply post a comment explaining why the mom on your list deserves relief—maybe they’re a single mom who does it all, a working mom who never takes a break, a grandmother who’s always been there…every mom has a story and every story matters.
• Entries will be judged on their uniqueness and sincerity and the winners will be selected once the contest wraps up on May 13. Stories MUST be submitted before then in order to be considered.
No compensation was received for this post. A Wahl Deep-Tissue Massager was provided for the purposes of this review. Information was provided by Wahl, through MamaBzz about the product and giveaway. All opinions expressed are my own or that of my family.