*information for this post was in part supplied by Hormel Foods through their Hormel Extended Family Blogger program. No compensation was received for this post.
SPAM is one of those items that everyone has heard of. I know that there are many that have childhood memories of eating SPAM. Did you know that SPAM has been around for over 75 years? No wonder it is a brand that many are familiar with.
This past weekend, I introduced my kids to SPAM. We kept our meal very simple, serving the SPAM like I would serve ham. I simply sliced the SPAM, cooked it in my skillet and served with eggs over easy and toast.
For a brand that has been a well-known food icon for the past 76 years, it’s amazing how many people have never tried SPAM®! After so many years, SPAM® still provides the same tasty experience in a variety of flavors and sizes to SPAM® lovers worldwide today. Have you ever tried SPAM®? What about your readers?
More recently, chefs across the United States have been finding ways to work the unique flavors of SPAM® into authentic and unique recipes, making SPAM® a delicacy that everyone can enjoy.
The below map can act as a guide as you begin your quest to try as many SPAM® recipes as your stomach can handle. Summer is perfect road-trip time; so why not try something a little bit different this year? The highlight of your trip? The magnificent SPAM® Museum in Austin, Minnesota has 16,500 square feet of tastefully presented SPAM®-filled history. There’s a little something for everyone in your family:
* Educational: See the World War II exhibit, SPAM® history timeline and interactive SPAM™ Game Show quiz
* Entertaining: Great exhibits for the Monty Python fans out there
* Interactive: Visitors are encouraged to try their hand at canning SPAM® along a mock assembly line and participate in SPAM-related trivia
* Full of Goodies: Explore a whole store filled with SPAM® collectibles and tasty treats
* Free!: Open seven days a week Monday through Saturday 10 am – 5 p.m. and Sunday 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Have you ever had SPAM? What's your favorite way to enjoy SPAM?
No compensation was received for this post. All opinions expressed are mine or those of my family. I am completing this post as a participant in the Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger program. Hormel Foods provided some product and some of the information for this post.